Coinweb is on a mission to solve blockchain’s biggest problems. We’re making usable blockchain technology that’s more collaborative, better connected, and accessible for everyone. We have a diverse and international team with offices in London, Bangkok, Kyiv, and Barcelona.
For one of our first DeFi projects, a blockchain-powered eCommerce payment technology company, we are looking for a Senior PostgreSQL Database Engineer.
We are seeking for this position a person with minimal 8 years of experience, strong fundamentals, and a willingness to keep learning. You need to enjoy solving hard problems and getting the job done.
- As a Senior PostgreSQL Engineer you will be supporting a major reworking of our application and database environments.
- Strong focus on how to optimize queries and improving the current setup
- You will be supporting PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS or similar environment, designing, building, configuring, testing, updating, documenting and implementing as well as providing operational support.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking deadlocking issues, replication issues and security connectivity issues
- Bachelor’s Degree of Computer Science, Business Computer, Computer Engineering or IT related field
- At least 8 years of experience
- Must understand automated methods and best practices for the installation and configuration of PostgreSQL and other SQL tools.
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Good English communication skills both written and oral
- No 9-5 mentality
- Bangkok is the preferred option
- Barcelona and Kyiv are also a possibility
- Remote work can be discussed
- Subject to experience and qualifications
- Performance-related bonuses
Jurgen Thoelen (CTO)